FINANCIAL AID AND SCHOLARSHIP WEBSITES
- Federal Student Aid – U.S. Department of Education federal student aid website
- FAFSA – Free Application for Federal Student Aid
- CSS Profile – used by roughly 400 colleges and scholarship programs to award non-federal financial aid; use your College Board account
- CA Blue and Gold Scholarship - free tuition at UC's for students with family income less than 80K
- CA Student Aid Commission - detailed info on CA state aid programs- Cal Grants, Middle Class Scholarship
- EFC Explained by George Schneiderman- very detailed explanation of the FAFSA calculation/the EFC and a detailed spreadsheet to estimate EFC
- FAFSA Mistakes to Avoid
- Federal Financial Aid Estimator
- Finaid.org - education regarding financial aid and various calculators for projecting loan payments.
- Need based and merit aid aid data by school- compiled by BigJ Consulting.
- Scholarships Resources - list of scholarship search sites and strategies for finding scholarships
- Studentaid.gov - Access the FAFSA form and guidance for all aspects of federal financial aid, as well as:
- Swift (Financial Aid Appeal Forms)
- YRTTF OC Powerpoint Presentation on Financial Aid